Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series brings enterprise-class resiliency and innovative flexibility to mobile-first networks. This advanced Layer 3 modular switch provides scalable aggregation with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed 802.11ac devices, Dynamic Segmentation, Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) stacking technology, hitless failover, line rate 40GbE, robust QoS and security and requires no software licensing. The 5400R is easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central.
The HPE 5400 zl Switch Series is a modular switch that has 760 Gbps backplane and license free software with an advanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 set of features. The HPE 5400 zl Switch Series has adaptable connectivity options with 6 or 12 slot chassis that has support for 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and PoE+.
With a more secured network, the HPE 5400 zl Switch Series can deliver high performance to your users. The HPE 5400 zl Switch Series also has powerful multilevel-access security controls to enhance security and control change management access.
With a single view of the network, seamlessly manage the HPE 5400 zl Switch Series with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform to deliver end-to-end network transparency.
• Powerful Aruba Layer 3 modular switch series with VSF stacking, Dynamic Segmentation, low latency and resiliency
• HPE Smart Rate for high-speed multi-gigabit bandwidth (IEEE 802.3bz) and PoE+ power
• Resilient with redundant management and hot swappable power supplies
• Up to 288 ports of PoE+
• Scalable line rate 40GbE for wireless traffic aggregation
• Software defined ready with REST APIs and OpenFlow support
• Advanced security and network management via Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and Aruba Central
- The Aruba 5400R Switch Series is a Layer 3 modular switch series that delivers high-performance, low latency and resiliency for a better mobile-first campus experience.
- Up to (12) open module slots, maximum. Supports a maximum of (288) 10/100/1000 ports or (288) SFP ports or (96) SFP+ ports or (96) HPE Smart Rate Multi-Gigabit or (24) 40GbE ports, or a combination. Pre-configured models, some with PoE/PoE+, can support 10/100/1000GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE.
Memory and processor
- Freescale P2020 dual core @ 1.2 GHz
16 MB flash
1 GB SD Card
4 GB DDR3 SODIMM
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.8 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 1.8 µs
40 Gbps Latency: < 1.5 µs
- up to 15.4 W per port (PoE) or 30W per port (PoE+), depending on power supplies installed
- Aruba AirWave Network Management
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
Out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)